We do love the simplicity of a burger but also the variations of it you can have too. This week BBQ Tips have chosen a classic Prawn burger as our recipe of the week.
While Prawn may not be everyone’s first choice when they think of a burger, you know the saying…Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it… or don’t judge a book by its cover. Well, both of those apply to the prawn burger.
Anyway, let’s get onto the recipe and ingredients you will need.
300g of Prawns
6 Brioche buns
100g natural yoghurt
1 drop of hot sauce
2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
A bag of rocket
Salt & Pepper
1 clove of garlic
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Difficulty level: 2/10
- Firstly, we will make the garnish for your burger, empty 100g of natural yoghurt into a small bowl.
- Crush your garlic and then add to the bowl.
- Add a drop of hot sauce (however you can add as much or as little as you want depending on how hot you want the sauce).
- Add two teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Mix contents of bowl
- Now you can season your prawns, we seasoned ours with salt and pepper.
- Get the prawns on the BBQ and cook them until they are pink and opaque.
- At the same time toast your brioche buns
- Plate up your prawns and buns, add your smoked paprika yoghurt sauce, some rocket, then place the prawns in the burger.
- Fall into heaven as you experience the first bite.
To celebrate National BBQ week, we are running a competition over on our Instagram page.
To enter, post and tag us in a photo of your favourite dish you have created on the BBQ with the recipe in the caption. Also, follow us and you could win a supermarket voucher of a value of either £25 £50 or a huge £100! It’s that easy, so why not get involved?
For extra ideas, recipes and tips, don’t forget to take a look at our website