Here at BBQ Tips, there’s nothing we love more than a low and slow barbecue. Ribs, briskets, pork shoulder, legs of lamb… we love them all! Barbecuing low and slow is a wonderful experience and produces some high quality, good tasting food. It’s an activity that we will always try and make time for.
While we’re sure we’d all love to have a low and slow barbecue every day of the week, there are other things in our lives that can take up a considerable amount of time. Work, children, housework, and other general life admin tasks are all unavoidable aspects of life that we also need to dedicate our time to. However, just because you don’t have the time to barbecue low and slow like you want to, doesn’t mean you can’t have a barbecue at all!
We’re firm believers here that barbecues don’t have to be just for weekends and special occasions and are frequent users of the barbecue even for our quick to cook, weekday meals. This week we thought we’d introduce you to one of our go-to recipes for one of those meals; Pork loin steaks with paprika grilled vegetables.
This recipe is super simple and only takes 20 minutes to prep and cook. An amazing choice if you need to make dinner in a hurry! We served this along with some potato salad and corn on the cob, which we’ve also included in the recipe down below for reference, but you can honestly plate this up with anything!
If you want a barbecue, but don’t have a whole lot of time, then this recipe is definitely for you!
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 palette of cherry tomatoes
- 5 half-sized cobs of corn (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon salt
- Vegetable oil
For the potato salad (optional):
- Salad potatoes
- Ceaser dressing
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- If you are opting for potato salad, boil your salad potatoes in a saucepan on the stove until soft. Once soft, drain and allow to cool down.
- While this is happening, cut up your aubergine, peppers, and courgette. De-stem the cherry tomatoes and add all the vegetables into a combined bowl.
- Add some vegetable oil to the bowl. Season the vegetables with some salt, pepper, lemon salt and paprika and mix so all the vegetables are covered.
- Grab your pork loin steaks and cover both sides with a small amount of vegetable oil, then season both sides with some salt and pepper.
- If opting for potato salad; Once they have cooled down, either half or quarter the potatoes depending on size, add to a bowl and mix with some mayonnaise and ceaser dressing. Cut up your chives and add them to the salad.
- If opting for corn on the cob; Boil your cobs of corn in a saucepan for 15 minutes so they should be nice and ready for the rest of your meal.
- Light up the barbecue onto a high heat. Place the pork steaks and vegetables onto the barbecue and allow the food to sear briefly before turning down to a medium heat.
- Cook both the pork steaks and the vegetables for 3 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked up, plate up all your food and enjoy!
For extra ideas, recipes and tips, don’t forget to take a look at our website