So, you’ve cooked up a storm with that romantic grill fire but you still feel like there’s room for s’more? We’ve got you covered! Check out some of our favourite Valentine’s Day dessert recipes that you can cook on the grill!
Foil Pack Chocolate Marshmallow Banana
This twist on a well-loved classic, will leave you want s’more! All you need are 3 key ingredients to nail this Valentine’s day dessert recipe. Leaving lots of room to apply your own personal twist!
You will need:
- 2 bananas
- Bag of chocolate buttons
- Bag of mini marshmallows
- Tear a square piece of foil that about 12-inch x 12-inch.
- Peel the banana and place the peeled banana in the centre of foil and slice the banana lengthwise about 3/4 of the way through. Spread the banana apart and fill with chocolate buttons and sprinkle mini marshmallows on top.
- Tightly wrap banana in foil.
- Fire up the grill and place wrapped banana on hot grill for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill, unwrap, and enjoy!
This recipe goes great served with your choice of ice cream, cream or flavoured sauce (we recommend caramel).
Grilled Apple Pie a la Mode
You will need:
- 4 large apples, peeled
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 85g butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 graham crackers
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Remove core from apples. Make 6 cuts around the top of each apple, three-fourths the way down, being careful not to cut through bottom of apple. (It should look like 6 apple wedges connected at bottom of apple.) Place each apple on a double layer of aluminium foil coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle each apple with 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar; top with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Sprinkle evenly with nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Wrap apples in foil, and fold foil to seal.
- Fire up the grill. Place apples on grates and grill covered, until tender for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove apples from grill and set aside.
- Brush both sides of graham crackers with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Lightly coat grill rack with cooking spray. Place graham crackers on grate and grill, uncovered, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
- Unwrap apples, Place apples in a serving bowl. Break up crackers into bite-size pieces, and sprinkle on top. Then serve with ice cream.
For the full video check out: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-apple-pie-a-la-mode
Keep your eyes peeled for any of our new BBQ recipes and share with us any of your favourite BBQ snacks and pics!
For extra ideas don’t forget to take a look at our website
Share with us your favourite pics on Facebook