This is a super quick and easy recipe for a classic tomato and mozzarella salad. It mixes the classic tomato and mozzarella with bell peppers, olive oil and basil leaves. A perfect side dish for any barbecue, wonderful for summer, and light and fresh with a low calorie count.
Total Time 15 min
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces (115 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into bite size pieces
- 6 basil leaves, torn (optional)
- Combine tomatoes with a generous pinch of salt, small pinch of pepper and the olive oil. Stir then let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes then add cheese and basil. Season to taste with more salt and/or pepper then enjoy.
This tomato and mozzarella salad would go wonderfully with any chicken burgers or our Sea Bass Burgers.
Recipe Sourced From Inspired Taste
More Side Dishes Recipes Here