- 1/2 cup smooth, unsalted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium tamari, or soy sauce (use gluten-free tamari if you are gluten-sensitive)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet Japanese cooking wine, available in most supermarkets)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, quartered and cut into chunks
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered (or halved if small)
- Soak 10 bamboo skewers in water for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and stir until the peanut butter is mixed in. Place the cubed tofu in the sauce and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tofu from the sauce, then thread the tofu and vegetables onto the skewers.
- Start a fire in your grill. When the coals are nice and hot, grill the skewers for 7-10 minutes, turning several times and brushing liberally with the peanut sauce. Drizzle any additional sauce over the skewers just before serving.
Recipe Sourced From One Green Planet
More Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes Here