The Stuffed and Rolled BBQ Pork Belly recipe is best served with rosemary and garlic new potatoes plus some seasoned BBQed asparagus.
- Belly of pork
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs with Parmesan
- Red onion
- Whole chestnuts, cooked, peeled and chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Lay the pork belly flat, skin side down and stuff down the centre with layers of grilled red onions with garlic, seasoned Parmesan infused breadcrumbs and chopped chestnuts.
- To help skin crackle, leave the belly uncovered on a plate, skin side up in the fridge over night before stuffing. Roll and tie the pork. Force remaining stuffing back in the ends. Rub olive oil in the scored skin and roll in rock salt.
- Grill for 30 minutes at 200c then drop to 150c for 2 hours.
When you remove from the grill, stand covered for 5 minutes before slicing.
Served with rosemary and garlic new potatoes, par boiled for 7 minutes and grilled for 30 min; plus some freshly BBQed asparagus, seasoned and drizzled with soy.
Truly delicious and so simple to prepare. Pork belly done very differently.