Drumsticks and Barbecues go together like Ant and Dec. Try this delicious drumstick recipe guaranteed to please your guests.
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp clear honey plus 1 tsp
- 2 tbsp tamary
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 120 g basmati rice
- 70 g kale chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 100 g radishes halved
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the drumsticks in a roasting tin.
- Mix 2 tbsp honey, the tamari, 1 tbsp veg oil and 1 tbsp sesame oil in a bowl, then pour over the chicken – make sure each piece is covered. Roast for 25-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, cover the rice with 240ml water and bring to the boil. Cook for 8-10 mins until tender. Massage the kale with 1 tbsp veg oil for 5 mins until softening (this makes it less chewy). Drizzle over the lime juice, remaining sesame oil and honey, and season. Add the radishes and set aside.
- Fry the rice in the remaining veg oil in a non-stick pan to dry out. Add to the kale, and toss to combine.
- Serve the drumsticks with the salad and scatter over the sesame seeds.
Recipe Sourced From BBCgoodfood