Steak Salad With Charred Green Onions And Beets
For the hungry guest that once something healthier try this steak salad. Get your greens and meat at the same time with this delicious meal.
- 1 2″ thicboneless top loin beefsteak (1 lb.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 bunch green onions (halved)
- 3/4 tsp flaky sea salt
- 43 g. container mixed greens
- 1/2 small head radicchio (leaves separated and torn)
- 4 cooked beets (quartered)
- 120 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 56 g blue cheese (crumbled)
- In 8-quart saucepot, set up sous vide device as package directs. Add water and set temperature to 130 degrees F on device. Place steak in gallon-size resealable plastic bag; seal tightly, pushing out excess air. Place bag in hot water. Cook 2 hours. Remove bag from water. Remove steak from bag; pat dry.
- In 10″ skillet, heat oil on medium-high until very hot. Add green onions; cook 2 minutes or until lightly charred, turning. Add steak to skillet. Cook 2 minutes, turning frequently. Transfer to cutting board; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt and thickly slice.
- In large bowl, toss greens, radicchio, beets, vinegar, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each flaky sea salt and pepper. Transfer to platter. Top with steak, onions and blue cheese.