It’s St. Patrick’s Day! A day that gives us all an excuse to celebrate and drink beer! St. Patrick’s day is a massive celebration of the Irish heritage and while we may not all be able to celebrate in the traditional manner in a pub this year, this BBQ Ribs recipe, marinated in none other than Irish stout, is guaranteed to step up your St. Patrick’s Day food game, all from the comfort of your own home!
You Will Need:
- 2 racks spare ribs (600g each)
- 4 Cans Guinness® Original
- 1 tbsp dried garlic granules
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup honey
- Combine Guinness beer, soy sauce, honey and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes so flavours can blend together.
- Place ribs in the marinade and place in a resealable bag or bowl covered with cling film. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least eight hours.
- Once you have finished marinating, place the unused marinade in a small saucepan and reduce it for one or two minutes until slightly thickened – this will be used as extra while cooking (Add more beer to the marinade at this stage if desired)
- After this, all you need to do next is cook them on your BBQ
- Prepare a grill for medium heat.
- Place ribs on the grill. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- When they are ready, lightly brush the leftover barbecue sauce over the ribs and place back on the grill for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a little more barbecue sauce, and of course, a cold Guinness Original.
Keep your eyes peeled for any of our new BBQ recipes and share with us any of your favourite BBQ snacks and pics!
For extra ideas don’t forget to take a look at our website
Share with us your favourite pics on Facebook