The Spicy Grilled Pork Neck Salad Recipe is an easy recipe that involves preparing the pork with soy sauce and sugar, grilling it and serving with a salad.
- 500 grams pork neck
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1(1/2) Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2(1/2) Tbsp fish sauce
- 3-4 Tbsp tamarind juice
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp ground roasted rice
- 9 shallots, sliced
- 3 tsp ground dried Thai chilies
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Fresh vegetables such as cabbage, yard-long beans, cucumbers, corianders and spring onions, to serve
- Steamed glutinous rice, to serve
- Clean the pork neck and pat dry. Cut into 1-cm-thick steak. Place the pork neck steak in a mixing bowl followed by light soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Toss to mix. Keep refrigerated for 20 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan and brush lightly with oil. Cook the pork over medium heat until well browned and medium-well, around 10-12 minutes. The inside should still be juicy. Remove and let sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing against the grain to 0.5-cm-thick pieces. Place the pork in a mixing bowl. Add the fish sauce, tamarind juice, lime juice and the remaining sugar. Toss to mix. Stir in the roasted rice, sliced shallots, ground dried chilies, mint leaves and sliced spring onions, toss to mix again.
- Spoon onto a serving plate and serve with fresh vegetables and warm steamed glutinous rice.