Spicy beef burgers are splendid for those who like a bit of kick to there food. They’re quick and easy to make and can be ready and cooked in under 50 minutes.
Prep 30 minutes
|· 450g/16oz lean beef mince
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 1 tsp tomato ketchup
· 1 tsp mustard
· 1 egg, lightly beaten
|· 1 red chilli, finely chopped
· 1 small onion, finely diced
· 2 spring onions, sliced
· handful basil leaves, chopped
· olive oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix together the mince, garlic, tomato ketchup, mustard, egg, chilli and onion.
- Dive in with your hands and mix until the ingredients are well blended.
- Just before cooking, add the spring onions and basil to the mixture and divide into four patties.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the burgers.
- Reverse them once only, cooking for about 5-6 minutes each side. (Alternatively you can cook them under a grill for the same time turning half way through.)
- Serve with burger buns and salad.