Spicy Beef Burgers
Spicy beef burgers are splendid for those who like a bit of kick to there food. They’re quick and easy to make and can be ready and cooked in under 50 minutes.
- 450 g lean beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 2 spring onions (sliced)
- handful basil leaves (chopped)
- olive oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl mix together the mince, garlic, tomato ketchup, mustard, egg, chilli and onion.
- Dive in with your hands and mix until the ingredients are well blended.
- Just before cooking, add the spring onions and basil to the mixture and divide into four patties.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the burgers.
- Reverse them once only, cooking for about 5-6 minutes each side. (Alternatively you can cook them under a grill for the same time turning half way through.)
- Serve with burger buns and salad.