Smoky pork chops are always a popular treat at a BBQ, or in general! Add a chipotle twist on them to make them even more special.
- 4 pork chops about 175g each
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 red chilli de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 bay leaf
- Place all the marinade ingredients into a food processor, blend into a rough paste, smooth over the pork Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- When the BBQ coals are white and the flames have died down, top each chop with a bay leaf and grill for 7-10 minutes each side or until the juices of the meat run clear, over medium hot coals.
- Serve with a lime wedge and a crisp green salad.