Smoked sangria beef brisket, is perfect for both warm summer days and even winter evenings.
Serves 6 – 8
Prep 15 minutes
Cook time 420 minutes
Ready in 435 minutes
|· 1 4-pound/1.7 kg beef brisket
· 1 cup/240 mL zinfandel
· 1/4 onion, finely chopped
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 canned chipotle chilies, minced
· 3 tablespoons/45 mL triple sec
|· 2 tablespoons/30 mL chili powder
· 3 tablespoons/45 mL water
· 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
· 1 teaspoon/5 mL orange zest
· 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper, ground
- Place brisket into a large, deep container. Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour over meat. Make sure all surfaces of the brisket are well coated. Cover dish with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Remove brisket, but reserve marinade for later, by storing in refrigerator.
- Prepare smoker. You will want it to smoke for about 5-7 hours at 220-230 degrees F/105-110 degrees C. Place brisket on smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 185 degrees F/85 degrees C. Remove brisket from smoker and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Let set for thirty minutes.
- Place reserved marinade in saucepan and bring to a high simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer on medium-low to low for another 8-10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and serve sangria sauce over sliced brisket.