Smoked Herb Chicken
Smoked herb chicken mixes together fresh herbs to create a flavoursome grilled chicken that is perfect for a barbecued Sunday lunch.
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives (finely cropped)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
- Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry. Loosen skin around the breast area.
- Place three tablespoons of butter in various places under the skin. Mix herbs together and place half under the skin and the other half inside the chicken.
- Cook chicken with smoke for 4 hours or until juices run clear when poked with a fork.