Smoked herb chicken mixes together fresh herbs to create a flavoursome grilled chicken that is perfect for a barbecued Sunday lunch.
Prep 15 minutes
Cooking time 4 h
Ready in 4 h 15 minutes
|· 1 (4 pound) whole chicken
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
|· 2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, finely cropped
- Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
- Rinse chicken inside and out. Pat dry. Loosen skin around the breast area.
- Place three tablespoons of butter in various places under the skin. Mix herbs together and place half under the skin and the other half inside the chicken.
- Cook chicken with smoke for 4 hours or until juices run clear when poked with a fork.
Recipe Sourced From Allrecipes
More Whole Chicken Recipes Here