Skinny Indian spiced beef patties with cucumber sauce are a simple treat that are low in saturated fats and calories. Perfect for those on a summer diet.
Prep 15 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
|· ½ cup plain yogurt
· 1/3 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
· ¼ cup finely chopped onion
· 2 tablespoons finely chopped, seeded fresh jalapeño chile pepper
|· 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
· ½ teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 8 ounces 90% lean ground beef
· Indian flat bread (optional)
- For sauce: In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and cucumber. Cover and chill until serving time.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, jalapeño pepper, mint, cumin, garlic, and salt. Add ground beef; mix well. Form beef mixture into two 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- For a charcoal grill, place patties on the rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 14 to 18 minutes or until patties are done (160°F), turning once. If desired, serve patties on flat bread. Spoon cucumber sauce over patties.
Note: The internal colour of a burger is not a reliable doneness indicator. A beef patty cooked to 160°F is safe, regardless of colour. To measure the doneness of a patty, insert an instant-read thermometer through the side of the patty to a depth of 2 to 3 inches.