Such a delicious dish. We are huge fans of seafood here at BBQ Tips HQ and they add a nice mix to the usual BBQ mix. Anyone who loves shrimps will love this recipe. And as a bonus, these tasty morsels are delicious with pasta, so if you have any leftover (unlikely) you can enjoy them with fresh pasta and you won’t be sorry. Or just whip these up mid-week when the weather isn’t playing ball for a barbie.
- 240 ml/1 cup olive oil
- 32 g/¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimps peeled and deveined with tails attached
- In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimps. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Light oil grill grate. Cook shrimps for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.