If you’re a rookie when it comes to barbecuing and fancy some fish, why not put some salmon on the BBQ? Its quick, easy, healthy and tasty.
As well as tasting phenomenal, salmon comes with a range of health benefits giving you even more of a reason to try some. It’s always good to broaden your pallet and if you haven’t tried salmon before then, well, have some because we know you won’t regret it! It’s one of those things, once you’ve had it you can’t not have it again, and again, and again!
You can follow the video to see how to perfect a barbecued salmon over on our Instagram, or simply follow our guide down below.
We had ours as a full meal so added some rice with peas and a simple salad, just to make the meal that little bit healthier (not that it needed to be!) You can add whatever you want to yours, today we are focusing on the simplicity of barbecuing salmon.
2 boneless salmon fillets
Half a lemon
Salt & pepper
Slice of ginger root
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
- Get your salmon fillets and fairly drizzle some olive oil on them.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on, again be fair with the amount.
- Squeeze your lemon over the top of the two fillets.
- Grate your ginger over the fillets and let rest for a few mins. This is so the salmon can soak up all the flavours and seasonings of what you have just added.
- Place your salmon on the barbecue, 3 mins on each side should be enough, though a few seconds either way shouldn’t be a problem either.
- To know when your salmon is cooked, the inside should look slightly translucent and pink. If you’re not sure you can insert a digital thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon to see if it’s finished. If it shows between 110 to 140 °F, remove the salmon from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Anything below 110 means the fish is still raw, anything over 140 would mean the salmon is overcooked.
We hope you found this guide helpful and have motivated you to try salmon on the BBQ yourself!
For extra ideas, recipes and tips, don’t forget to take a look at our website