This recipe for Rosemary-Rubbed Lamb Loin Fillets with Pea Purée is a simple dish with minimal prep time and an excellent source of protein and fibre. Perfect for those counting calories with only 298 kcals per portion.
Total Time 20 min
- 2 sprigs Cooks’ Ingredients rosemary
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 350g lamb loin fillet, trimmed of excess fat, if needed
- 400g frozen garden peas
- 400g can essential Waitrose cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. Waitrose half-fat crème fraîche
- 200g ready to micro-steam tender stem broccoli, butternut, and carrot
- Strip the leaves from the rosemary sprigs and place in a pestle and mortar with the chilli. Pound together until well bruised. Rub the mixture over the lamb and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cook the lamb under a hot grill for 8 minutes, turning once or twice until well-browned but still a little pink in the centre. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas and beans in a pan of boiling water for 4 minutes until piping hot. Drain well, then return to the pan. Add the crème fraiche, then using a hand-held blender, whizz until smooth. Season to taste. Cook the broccoli, butternut and carrot according to pack instructions.
- Carve the lamb into thick slices. Spoon the pea and bean purée and steamed vegetables onto plates and top with the lamb.
Recipe Sourced From Waitrose
More Lamb Loin & Fillets Recipes Here