The Quick Grilled Pork Belly recipe is an Asian style recipe with marinated pork belly. It is a quick 20mins and serves 2.
Total Time: 20 min
- One half pound of sliced Pork belly
(you can buy a block of it and slice into 1/8 inch pieces)
- One quarter of an onion
- One inch cut of ginger root
- One green onion
- Two garlic cloves, minced
- Two dried red chili pepper, chopped
- Two Tbsp. sake or white wine
- Two Tbsp. soy sauce
- One and one half Tbsp. honey
- One and one half Tbsp. Ketchup or tomato sauce
- One Tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
- Some freshly ground black pepper
- A dash of white pepper
- Grate the onion into a medium bowl. Grate the ginger. Thinly slice the green onion. In a small bowl or casserole, combine all of the ingredients into a marinating dish. You should marinate the pork belly for at least one hour, but it’s even better to marinate it overnight. If you can’t wait an hour, then simply brush the marinade once on each side as you grill it.
- Heat your grill to high. Grill the pork belly stripes on high heat for two min. – preferably over charcoal. Flip the pork belly and cook for another 1-2 min.