When you don’t have all day to make refried beans and you can’t stand the canned ones, these are easy and delicious.
Total Time 20 min
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder salt to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Heat canola oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic cloves in hot oil, turning once, until brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Smash garlic cloves in skillet with a fork.
- Stir pinto beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt into mashed garlic and cook until beans are thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Smash bean mixture with a potato masher to desired texture. Squeeze lime juice over smashed beans and stir until combined.
These refried beans will go brilliantly with any Mexican inspired dish.