When you don’t have all day to make refried beans and you can’t stand the canned ones, these are easy and delicious.
Total Time 20 min
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder salt to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Heat canola oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic cloves in hot oil, turning once, until brown on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Smash garlic cloves in skillet with a fork.
- Stir pinto beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt into mashed garlic and cook until beans are thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Smash bean mixture with a potato masher to desired texture. Squeeze lime juice over smashed beans and stir until combined.
These refried beans will go brilliantly with any Mexican inspired dish.
Recipe Sourced From Allrecipes
More Side Dishes Recipes Here