A super quick but tasty burger. Succulent Pork and juicy Pineapple make a great combination and adds a touch of the tropics to your regular burger. Great one for the summer months but this works anytime of year when you want something a little different with your burger. A really great crowd pleaser as well, just double or triple etc up on quantities for a party.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 300g 5% fat pork lean mince
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- pinch of crushed chillies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 227g tin pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 2 crusty white rolls, halved
- 4 round lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- coleslaw, to serve (optional)
- Combine the mince, coriander, garlic and chilli in a bowl. Divide into 2 thin, equal-sized patties.
- Fry the patties on the BBQ grills, for 6-7 mins each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add the pineapple slices. Cook for 2-3 mins each side, until browned. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Add the rolls, cut-side down, to the grill and toast until lightly golden. Top the bottom half of each roll with 2 round lettuce leaves, followed by a cooked pork burger. Spread a layer of mayonnaise over the top of the burger, then add the pineapple slices and the red onion. Sandwich with the top half of the roll. Serve with coleslaw, if you like
Recipe sourced from Tesco
More Pork Recipes here