What could be better than a juicy burger, topped with fresh warm slices of pastrami, Swiss cheese, and a delicious creamy sauce. If you haven’t tried a pastrami burger, it’s time to do so!
Prep 10 minutes
Ready in 20 minutes
|· 1 pound/450 g ground beef
· 1/2 pound/225 g sliced pastrami
· 4 slices Swiss cheese
· 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
· salt and pepper to taste
· 4 large hamburger buns
|· 1 cup/240 mL shredded lettuce
· for Russian dressing:
· 1/2 cup/120 mL mayonnaise
· 1/4 cup/60 mL ketchup
· 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
· 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL onion powder
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Form into four equal sized patties and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. This will make it easier to transfer to the grill.
- When grill is heated, place patties on grill grates. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side. Place 1/4 of the pastrami on each patty and top with Swiss cheese. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until patties are cooked through (165 degrees F.) and cheese has melted through. Promptly remove from grill.
- To serve: add shredded lettuce to one half of hamburger bun, top with finished patty, and add a generous dollop of Russian dressing.
- Double or triple the recipe if you intend to serve a larger group. Russian dressing can be made a day in advance and stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Mixture will stay goof for up to 3 days after preparation.