Mushrooms aren’t everyone’s but these paleo sauteed balsamic mushrooms will have everyone loving mushrooms. Quick and easy, ready in just under 20 minutes.
Total Time 18 min
- 1 lb. white button mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. bacon fat/lard or tallow
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Wipe mushrooms with a slightly damp paper towel to clean them, then slice in half. Set aside.
- Place the bacon fat/lard or tallow in a large skillet and place of medium-high heat. Allow the fat to melt, then add the mushroom, onion and garlic and cook about 8-10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add the sea salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar to the pan and stir to coat. Cook another 2 minutes, then serve with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley on top.
These paleo sauteed balsamic mushrooms are a perfect side to a nice steak or some grilled chicken.
Recipe Sourced From Paleo Cupboard
More Side Dishes Recipes Here