It’s #UKBBQWeek and today it celebrates all things pizza, so we’ve presented you with our Mozzarella, pepperoni & tikka pizza. Store bought and chucked in the oven for a simple and quick meal, dialled in from a takeaway for a treat or maybe you prefer to make your own fresh at home, all have their qualities.
Making your own can be fun and turned into a special thing to do with the family. It’s fun, messy enables you to be as creative as you want and when you devour it you can proudly say it was your own creation.
Lets delve into our pizza creation…
Serves 6-8 individual slices of pizza:
For the Dough:
- 1 tbsp Traditional Yeast
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 130ml Warm Water
- 500g All Purpose Flour Plus extra for sprinkling on balls and peel
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
For the Sauce – can be adjusted based on preference
- 200g Passata
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Oregano
Toppings (Quantities vary on how much you want to put on each pizza)
- Tikka Chicken
- Grated Cheddar
- Add yeast and warm water into a large bowl (Water should be quite warm but not hot so you don’t kill the yeast) To speed up the yeast, you can add ½ tsp sugar at the beginning but if you have time you don’t need to.
2. In a separate bowl mix flour and salt and then pour into yeast bowl. Stir together until it comes into a ball.
3. Knead by hand for 10 minutes. Putting the dough back in bowl once you have finished kneaded by hand.
4. Place a clean tea towel loosely over the bowl to keep dough from becoming too dry and leave dough inside to rise in a warm spot in your kitchen. (We placed ours in a large kitchen drawer)
We kept it out at room temperature with a tea towel over the top for 1.5- 3 hours then divided the dough up into balls on a piece of greaseproof paper on a baking tray for how many people there were and moved the dough tray with the divided dough balls to the fridge to proof for a further 2/3 hours. (keeping it cool stops the dough from becoming too sticky)
5. While dough is proofing mix together your sauce mix into a mixing jug and leave in fridge until needed.
5.Preheat your Ooni oven for 20-30 minutes
6. Take dough from fridge and flatten each ball out to make the base.
7. Spread the tomato sauce mix onto the base of the pizza evenly
8. Top with toppings of your choice
9. Slide your pizza in the oven. These cook FAST! Our pizza cooked in about 1.5-3 minutes each so watch them carefully. Turn each side around after 30 seconds to ensure even cook. Once it’s bubbly and browned to your preference, take it out and serve!
Let us know what you think of our mozzarella pepperoni & tikka pizza, and why not try it out yourself?
For extra ideas don’t forget to take a look at our website