These Mediterranean-style chicken thighs are perfect for really warm sunny days. Giving you that Mediterranean feeling of sitting in a ocean-side restaurant.
Prep 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Ready in 30 minutes
|· 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
· 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
· 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
· 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
· 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
|· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
· 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
· 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Place chicken thighs in a large zip-top plastic bag set in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together wine, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, the rosemary, lemon peel, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken and seal the bag.
- Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for 4 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, add cucumbers, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, remaining oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
- When ready to grill, drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- Serve with cucumber-tomato relish.