These Mediterranean lamb burgers combines ground lamb generously seasoned with mustard, garlic, cumin, and a handful of fresh herbs (mint, oregano, and parsley).
Total Time: 30 min
For the burgers:
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried parsley (or 1 Tbsp. fresh, chopped)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or 1 Tbsp. fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint (~4 leaves)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 4 minced cloves)
For the salad:
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 tsp crumbled feta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 6 Kalamata olives, pitted & chopped
- 4 ciabatta rolls, cut in half
- 4 Tbsp. hummus
- Preheat grill to medium high
- While grill is heating, combine the lamb, mustard, parsley, oregano, mint, cumin, and garlic in a large bowl with a generous pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Mix well and form into 4 patties.
- Gill burgers, turning once, until cooked to desired doneness. Remove from grill and set aside
- In another bowl, combine feta, arugula, olive oil, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives. Toss to combine.
- Lightly grill ciabatta buns; spread hummus on buns.
- Place 1 burger on the bottom half of the bun, add mixed greens and the bun top.