Marinated lamb kebabs, cook on skewers with pepper and onion to add crunch and serve with couscous for a healthy evening meal.
- 500g lamb neck or leg fillet
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 small red onions
- 2 red peppers
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Make your marinade by bashing the paprika, cloves, cumin and coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar until fine. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix well.
- Trim any fat off your lamb then cut into 2.5 cm chunks. Put the lamb pieces in a bowl and cover with the marinade. Toss together with a spoon and make sure all of the pieces are well coated, then cover the bowl with Clingfilm and pop in the fridge for 30 min.
- Light the barbecue now so the flames have died down and it’s ready when you come to cook.
- Lay 8 skewers in a tray of cold water to soak.
- Peel and chop each red onion into 8 equal segments. Halve and de-seed the peppers, then cut into 2.5 cm chunks. Build your kebabs, alternating the lamb with pepper then onion until you’ve used up all of your ingredients – you should get about 3 pieces of lamb on each kebab.
- Put your grill on a medium heat. Grill the kebabs for around 15-20 min. turning occasionally so you get nice brown meat on the outside with juicy pink meat in the middle. Feel free to cook them for a little longer if you prefer yours well done.
- Leave to rest a few min. then serve with pitta bread, a fresh green salad and yogurt mixed with chopped fresh mint.