Now that you’ve learnt all about how to maintain your BBQ to a good standard, you might be willing to invest some more time into keeping it in the best shape possible. We’ve compiled a few of our favourite secrets to success when it comes to keeping your BBQ looking new.
- Check out the website of the brand of your BBQ: Most BBQ brands will have their own tips and directions as to how best to clean and maintain that specific BBQ on their website. Many even have BBQ-cleaning products of their own for sale.
- Remove moisture and debris from your BBQ by wiping it over with a damp cloth whilst it’s still warm: This will help to eliminate the risk of carbonised grease build-up.
- When cleaning metal or painted surfaces, clean with a side-to-side motion: Clean painted surfaces with soapy water, and polish with a mild glass-cleanser and a lint-free rag. When it comes to the metal parts BBQ, use a stainless-steal cleaner. Clean these surfaces with side-to-side motion in the direction of the metal grain. After that’s complete, buff the surfaces until they are shiny.
- For gas burners, brush across the width, not the length: This will avoid pushing debris from one whole to another.
- To remove large grease deposits, use a flat metal tool: A putty knife or paint scraper will be great for this task.
If you’ve got any of your own tips and tricks, we’d love to hear them! Let us know over on our Facebook page.
For more tips, check out our blogs.
Don’t forget to like our Facebook page!