The Lemongrass Vietnamese Pork Cutlet recipe is a 15min recipe that serves 4. Very quick however the cutlet must be marinated before-hand for at least 4h.
Total Time: 15 min
- 4 pork cutlets, around 250g – 300g (8oz – 10oz) each
- 1 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil (for cooking)
- 1 tsp chilli sauce (sriracha, chilli paste)
or 1 birds eye chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, bruised them sliced into 1cm/0.5″ pieces
- Place the Marinade ingredients in a ziplock bag and massage the bag to mix the ingredients. Add pork to the marinade and massage the bag to coat all the cutlets with the Marinade. Marinate for at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Brush the outdoor grill with oil and heat to medium high. Remove pork from the marinade. Place pork on the grill and cook each side for 2 min, or until cooks. Remember that it will continue to cook while resting. Remove pork from the grill onto a plate and cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.