Make a big batch of these delicious lamb souvlaki skewers Greek kebabs, then freeze some for a sunny day.
Total Time 25 min
- 1½ kg lamb
- leg or shoulder (fat trimmed), cut into chunks
- 100ml olive oil
- 100ml red wine
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- zest and juice 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- flatbread, shredded red cabbage (tossed with lemon juice),
- chilli sauce
- natural yogurt
- Put the lamb into a large bowl or strong food bag. Add the olive oil, wine, oregano, lemon zest and juice, garlic and black pepper- don’t add salt yet. Mix together so that all the lamb is completely coated, then chill and marinate for at least few hours or overnight.
- Lift the chunks of lamb out of the marinade and thread onto 10 metal skewers, or wooden ones that have been soaked. Freeze, or heat a grill, barbecue or griddle pan if you want to eat them straight away.
- Season the meat with salt, then cook the skewers for 10-12 min. turning, until cooked to your liking. Serve tucked into warm flat breads with salad and drizzle with chilli sauce and yogurt.
Recipe Sourced From BBCgoodfood
More Lamb Skewers Recipes Here