Lamb Kofta Kebabs
These lamb kofta kebabs are guaranteed to please. They are easy to make and packed full of flavour. Seasoned minced lamb is formed into sausages around skewers and grilled on the barbecue.
- 900 g lean minced lamb
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 15 g fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 25 g fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 skewers
- In a large bowl, mix minced lamb, onions, mint, coriander, ginger paste and chilli paste. Season with cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape 1/8th of the lamb mixture into sausages around skewers. Make sure the meat is spread to an even thickness. Refrigerate until you are ready to cook.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat. Brush grate liberally with oil and arrange skewers on barbecue. Cook for 10 min or until well done, turning as needed to brown evenly.