These lamb fillets with chargrilled eggplant and garlic sauce can be made into the perfect summertime salad that is perfect for those on a diet with only 348 kcals per portion. It’s quick and easy and can be ready in under half an hour.
Total Time 20 min
- 4 firm baby eggplant, cut lengthways into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 x 120g lamb fillets
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 120g natural yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons baby capers, rinsed, drained
- Brush eggplant with a little oil and season with pepper. Heat a large char-grill pan or large fry-pan on high heat. Cook eggplant, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side until slightly charred. Remove and keep warm.
- Brush the lamb fillets with the remaining oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the same char-grill or fry-pan over medium-high heat and cook the lamb in batches, turning, for 6 minutes for medium-rare (or until cooked to your liking). Cover the lamb loosely with foil and leave to rest for 3 minutes.
- Roughly chop half the mint leaves and place in a bowl with yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and capers. Stir to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice lamb and arrange on plates with the eggplant. Drizzle with yogurt sauce and scatter with remaining mint leaves.