Lamb Fillets with Chargrilled Eggplant and Garlic Sauce
These lamb fillets with chargrilled eggplant and garlic sauce can be made into the perfect summertime salad that is perfect for those on a diet with only 348 kcals per portion. It’s quick and easy and can be ready in under half an hour.
- 4 firm baby eggplant (cut lengthways into 5mm-thick slices)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 x 120g lamb fillets
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 120 g natural yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp baby capers (rinsed, drained)
- Brush eggplant with a little oil and season with pepper. Heat a large char-grill pan or large fry-pan on high heat. Cook eggplant, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side until slightly charred. Remove and keep warm.
- Brush the lamb fillets with the remaining oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the same char-grill or fry-pan over medium-high heat and cook the lamb in batches, turning, for 6 minutes for medium-rare (or until cooked to your liking). Cover the lamb loosely with foil and leave to rest for 3 minutes.
- Roughly chop half the mint leaves and place in a bowl with yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and capers. Stir to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice lamb and arrange on plates with the eggplant. Drizzle with yogurt sauce and scatter with remaining mint leaves.