Hari says: These spicy grilled lamb chops are really easy to throw together when you have some friends pop by because all you have to do is just smear them with the marinade and leave them until you are ready to cook. They are great with potato wedges and a salad. Another one you can scale up when/if feeding a crowd.
If you can’t get hold of the Kashmiri chillies then just mix equal amounts of paprika (for colour) and chilli powder (for the chilli hit).
Total Time: 1 h 40 min
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 lamb chops, trimmed of fat (2.5 cm thick)
- Place all ingredients, except lamb chops in sauce pan. boil 10 minutes.
- Place lamb chops in deep glass dish and pour sauce over them. marinate 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue at med-high.
- Oil grill and add lamb chops. cover and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side. after meat is seared, season well and baste with marinade during cooking.
Recipe sourced from Hari Ghorta
More Lamb Recipes here