These homemade lamb burgers with tzatziki are always a winner. This low-calorie, Greek spin with cucumber and mint yogurt and spicy patties.
- 25 g bulghar wheat
- 500 g extra-lean lamb mince
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove very finely crushed (optional)
- oil for brushing
- large burger buns sliced tomato, and red onion, to serve
For the tzatziki
- 5 cm piece cucumber deseeded and coarsely grated
- 200 g pot thick Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. chopped mint plus a handful of leaves to serve
- Tip the bulghar into a pan, cover with water and boil for 10 mins. Drain well in a sieve, pressing out any excess water.
- To make the tzatziki, squeeze and discard the juice from the cucumber, then mix into the yogurt with the chopped mint and a little salt.
- Work the bulghar into the lamb with the spices, garlic (if usinand seasoning, then shape into 4 burgers. Brush with a little oil and fry or barbecue for about 5 mins each side until cooked all the way through. Serve in the buns (toasted if you likwith the tzatziki, tomatoes, onion, and a few mint leaves.