These lamb burger pockets combine together lamb with garlic and thyme for the ultimate Greek inspired burger. Super quick and easy and can be ready in just 20 minutes!
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (if cooking on a stovetop)
- 4 rounds pita bread, sliced into pockets and toasted
Cucumber Mint Relish
- 1 cup plain yogurt (preferably Greek)
- 1/2 cucumber, halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, fresh mint, and kosher salt. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the lamb with the shallot, garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt. Form 4 patties, each about ¾ inch thick. Place on a medium- hot grill and cook 5 to 6 min per side.
- Serve in the pita pockets and top with Cucumber- mint Relish, if desired, and mint leaves to taste.
Recipe Sourced From RealSimpel
More Lamb Burger Recipes Here