Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 x 380g pack finest* British corn-fed free range chicken thighs
- oil for brushing the barbecue bars or griddle
- 4 soft mixed seed deli rolls, halved
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 tsp ready-made Korean ssamjang sauce, to serve
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced, to serve
- sweet potato wedges, to serve (optional)
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 5cm (1in) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Flatten out the chicken thighs and then add to the marinade, turning to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Turn the meat after one hour and return to the fridge.
- Brush the bars of a preheated barbecue, or griddle, with oil. Cook the chicken over a medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes, turning once, until cooked through with no pink showing.
Meanwhile, put the rolls, cut side down, on the barbecue and lightly toast. Fill with the lettuce leaves and the cooked chicken, then top each with 1/2 a tsp of the ssamjang sauce and a scattering of the spring onion. Serve with freshly cooked sweet potato wedges, if you like.
Recipe Sourced From Realfood.Tesco
More Beef Burgers Recipes Here