It’s British Pie Week! A whole week dedicated to anything and everything Pie! Spring is around the corner but the weather outside still has a long way to go. What better way to warm up then tucking into freshly baked pie…..cooked on the BBQ! That’s right, anything you can bake in your indoor oven – casseroles, pies, brownies, pizza, coffee cake — can be baked on the barbecue!
For our chosen British Pie Week recipe take a look at this Chicken Pot Pie from Pit Boss Grills!
You Will Need:
- 2 Chicken, Boneless/Skinless
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 TSP Curry Powder
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1 1/2 Cup, Mixed Frozen Vegetables
- 1 Onion
- 2 Deep Frozen Pie Shells
- 1/2 Cup, Sour Cream
- It doesn’t matter whether you have a gas or charcoal grill, to start, fire up your Grill on ”smoke” with the lid open until a fire is established in the burn pot (3-4 minutes). Preheat to 220 degrees C.
2. Cut the onion in half and place on the grates of the grill. Grill the chicken at the same time as the onions.
3. While the onion and chicken are cooking, prepare the pie crust by putting one crust in a pie plate.
4. When the chicken and onions are done, shred chicken and chop onion into small pieces and place in the prepared plate along with the mixed vegetables.
5. Combine cream of chicken soup, mayo, sour cream, and curry powder in a bowl. Pour into the pie crust with the chicken and mix to combine.
6. Wet the sides of the bottom crust with a small amount of water and top with the second pie crust. Push gently along the sides of the crust to seal the two pie crusts together.
7. Place in the and bake for 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Serve hot.
To top off this British Pie Week recipe, serve with creamy mash potatoes, a classic British combo!
Keep your eyes peeled for any of our new BBQ recipes and share with us any of your favourite BBQ snacks and pics!
For extra ideas don’t forget to take a look at our website
Share with us your favourite pics on Facebook