This simple juicy barbecued chicken thighs are the perfect treat to every barbecue. They can be cooked in the barbecue or in the oven.
· 3 lbs (about 10 count) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
· Sea Salt (about 1 tsp)
· Mrs. Dash Seasoning (about 1 tsp), plain or garlic variety, or your favourite seasoning
· Garlic Powder (about 1/2 tsp)
· 1 Tbsp Real Mayo
· 1 medium onion, thickly sliced BBQ Sauce
- Season both sides of chicken thighs to taste. I used a total of 1 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Turn the chicken to coat evenly with seasoning.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp Mayo and mix the chicken until evenly coated
- Add thick-sliced onion and toss everything together. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or a lid and marinate 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill and generously brush grill plates with oil. Reduce heat to low and place chicken thighs with a smooth side up.
- Cover the grill and cook for 12-15 minutes. I rotated them once to make criss-cross grill marks. Before flipping the thighs, baste them with BBQ Sauce.
- Flip thighs over, baste the flip side with BBQ sauce then cover and cook for another 12-15 minutes, rotating once to make grill marks. Check for done-ness by cutting the thicker part of the chicken. If juices run clear then its done. Flip the chicken again, coat it with BBQ sauce and remove from the grill. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Sourced From NatashaKitchen
More Chicken Thigh Recipes Here