The Inside Out Pork Burger is an easy burger to make with very few directions, ideal for anyone looking to make a quick burger!
- ½ cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/3 pounds ground pork
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons grated smoked gouda cheese
- tablespoons minced green onions
- hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Butter lettuce leaves, for garnish
- Avocado, for garnish
- Combine the BBQ sauce, vinegar and smoked paprika in a small bowl; set aside.
- Using your hands, lightly mix the ground pork with plenty of salt and pepper, and ¼ cup of the BBQ sauce micture.
- Heat a grill over medium heat.
- Roll about ¼ of the meat mixture into a ball; flatten with your palm until the patty is about 1/2 – inch thick. Scoop ¼ of the cheese and ¼ of the green onions into the center, then gather the meat up and around the filling, squeezing the meat together at the top and then rolling again into a ball. Flatten again with your palm, this time to make about a 1-inch patty. Repeat with the remaining meat and ingredients.
- Cook the patties on the grill or grill pan about 3-4 min on each side, until the cheese inside is melted and the pork is cooked.
- Serve topped with lettuce, sliced avocado and extra sauce on the toasted buns.