Have you had your hands full with the kids returning to school this week? Have you not had time to prepare? BBQ Tips have you covered! What better way to show mum she’s appreciated this Mother’s Day then cooking some of her favourites on the grill!
With many of us being cooped up in our homes for the majority of the year we can’t think of a better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than with a Mother’s Day garden cookout!
Here are some of our recommended Mother’s Day Grill Recipes!
(We’ve even thrown in a cocktail recipe to REALLY help mum relax.)
Balsamic Garlic Grilled Mushroom Skewers
These balsamic garlic grilled mushroom skewers are delicious and easy to make with prep that doesn’t take over night! You just need to marinate the mushrooms for 30 minutes, skewer them up and fire them on the grill! The smokiness from the barbecue perfectly brings out the flavours in these veggies!
You Will Need:
900 grams mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and leave to marinade for 30 mins.
- Skewer the mushrooms and Fire up the grill!
- Grill over medium-high heat until just tender and slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- And Serve!
Grilled Lemon and Dill
Salmon paired with Lemon and Dill Seasoning is a fresh perfect pairing because it is light and acidic. And what better way to serve this delicious dish than by taking it to the grill! Barbecuing Salmon perfectly enhances its flavours and when prepared with this recipe, this grilled salmon recipe is a wonderful addition to summer cookouts.
If you have the time, you can spread the seasoning and marinate the salmon in a zip top bag for 2-4 hours before grilling. But if you are short for time you can cover the salmon in the marinade just before grilling and will still get a great taste!
You Will Need:
2 large salmon fillets (skin on and 1 1/2 inches thick)
1 lemon (juiced)
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (plus additional for garnish)
- Preheat your barbecue to High heat (400 degrees F)
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil together in a bowl. Apply liberally onto salmon skin and then onto salmon flesh. Brush all ingredients for the seasoning in a small bowl and spread it evenly on the salmon. Using Olive oil allows for the marinate to be spread more evenly.
- Place salmon flesh-side down onto grill grate. Allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, and very carefully using a spatula, work fillets away, on all sides, from the grill grate.
- For grill marks and added char, flip the salmon over and cook it on the direct heat side of the grill for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the grill. Allow it to rest for 4-5 minutes before serving. Make a rub mixture out of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle onto salmon garnish with lemon slices and additional chopped dill. Then Serve.
To Pair with this main, why not try some Roasted Potatoes!
Just a little Extra!
Mojito – A classic
A mojito is a classic and refreshing choice against the salty salmon main. The lemon in the dish gives an acidic flavour and so the mojito’s sweet flavours will cut through the acidity of the fish and compliment the dish perfectly.
Each cocktail contains:
50ml captain morgans white rum
1 dash soda water
2tsps caster sugar
2 lime wedges
1 mint sprig
Cup of ice
Press down on 2 wedges of lime and 2 teaspoons of caster sugar in a tankard or jar using a large spoon
Pick 12 leaves from a sprig of mint and place in the glass. Press down gently on the mint, together with the sugar and lime.
Add ice to a glass so it is roughly ¾ full
Add Captain Morgan White Rum® and soda.
Stir with a spoon.
Top up with more crushed ice if you want and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Keep your eyes peeled for any of our new BBQ recipes and share with us any of your favourite BBQ snacks and pics!
For extra ideas don’t forget to take a look at our website
Share with us your favourite pics on Facebook