Are there many people out there who don’t like halloumi? Nope! Make this yummy halloumi skewers and your vegetarian friends will always be wanting to come to your BBQs!
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ½ parsley bunch chopped
- 2 tbsp capers rinsed and roughly chopped
- ½ lemon juiced
- olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 100 g low-fat halloumi cubed
- 1 small aubergine cut into 2cm cubes
- crusty bread to serve
- a handful of rocket
- Whisk the garlic with the parsley, capers, lemon juice, 2 tbsp oil, then season. Take out and reserve 2 tbsp, then toss the remaining marinade with the tomatoes, aubergine, and halloumi. Season, then leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers. Heat a chargrill to hot and sear the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the tomatoes just start to burst and the halloumi is golden. Pile onto crusty bread and serve with rocket leaves and the remaining marinade poured over.