Halloumi, Tomato and Aubergine skewers
Are there many people out there who don’t like halloumi? Nope! Make this yummy halloumi skewers and your vegetarian friends will always be wanting to come to your BBQs!
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- ½ parsley bunch (chopped)
- 2 tbsp capers (rinsed and roughly chopped)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 100 g low-fat halloumi (cubed)
- 1 small aubergine (cut into 2cm cubes)
- crusty bread to serve
- a handful of rocket
- Whisk the garlic with the parsley, capers, lemon juice, 2 tbsp oil, then season. Take out and reserve 2 tbsp, then toss the remaining marinade with the tomatoes, aubergine, and halloumi. Season, then leave for at least 20 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers. Heat a chargrill to hot and sear the skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the tomatoes just start to burst and the halloumi is golden. Pile onto crusty bread and serve with rocket leaves and the remaining marinade poured over.