The Grilled Pork Cutlets with Watermelon-Cucumber Salad recipe is a very unique recipe made with a fish sauce. It is a Thai-inspired recipe.
- 1 pound watermelon (about 1 small),
peeled and cut into small wedges (3 cups)
- 1/2 large cucumber halved lengthwise
and sliced crosswise into half-moons
- 1 jalapeno chilli, halved lengthwise
and very thinly sliced on the bias (seeded if desired)
- 1/2 cup torn or small basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons nam pla (Asian fish sauce)
- 3/4 teaspoon whole coriander seeds,
toasted and ground
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 boneless skinless pork cutlets (2 1/2 ounces each),
pounded about 1/8 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Heat grill to high. Toss together watermelon, cucumber, jalapeno, basil, fish sauce, coriander, and lime juice in a bowl.
- Drizzle pork cutlets with olive oil, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill until grill marks appear and pork is cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Top pork with watermelon salad.