The Grilled Pork Belly Kebabs with Sweet-and-Spicy Gochujang Marinade takes up to 2 hours, best for BBQ Parties and serves up to 6 people.
Total time: 2h
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (see note above)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable, canola, or peanut oil
- 1 1/4 pound boneless, skinless pork belly, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1-inch-thick half-moons
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, mix together gochujang, honey, sake, soy sauce, and oil. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade in refrigerator. In a large bowl, toss pork with remaining marinade until thoroughly coated and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, slide pork onto bamboo skewers, alternating with pieces of zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and bell pepper.
- Prepare your grill. Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with grey ash, pour out and arrange coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill, and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Alternatively, set half the burners on a gas grill to the highest heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes.
- When your grill is hot, clean and oil the grilling grate.
- Place skewers near the middle of the grill (where heat should be moderate). Cook, turning the skewers and basting with the reserved marinade every few minutes, until pork is cooked through, tender within, and browned on the outside, about 13 minutes. Serve right away.
Recipe Sourced From Serious Eats
More Pork Neck & Belly Recipes Here