These grilled Miso chicken thighs are the perfect treat. they can be made as they are or cut up and added to skewers. They are perfect for kids and parties.
Prep 1 h 15 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Ready in 1 h 25 minutes
|· 2 tablespoons soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons sake
· 2 tablespoons mirin
· 2 tablespoons miso, preferably white miso
· 2 green onions, thinly sliced
|· 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
· 1 clove garlic, crushed
· 8 boneless chicken thighs (take the skin off if you prefer)
· 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, lightly roasted
- Mix together the soy sauce, sake, mirin, miso, onions, ginger and garlic in a shallow dish.
- Place chicken pieces into marinade, turn to coat well and marinate for 1 hour, turning several times.
- Preheat grill so that it is very hot.
- This can also be broiled in the oven, turning only once halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, serve with steamed rice.