This grilled leg of lamb with mint gremolata recipe is tender and moist on the inside, with a flavorful savoury herb crust. It can be made ahead, and placed in the oven right before Easter dinner.
- 1 (5-pound) boneless leg of lamb, butterflied and trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- Safflower oil or canola oil
- Mint Gremolata
- Garnish: fresh mint leaves
- Make about 10 small incisions on fatty side of lamb, and insert a garlic clove half and several mint leaves into each slit. Combine remaining garlic, olive oil, and next 4 ingredients. Rub marinade on both sides of lamb. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from marinade and drain slightly. Let stand 30 min.
- Brush grill lightly with sunflower oil. Grill lamb over medium- high heat for 15 min. per side, basting frequently with marinade. Move lamb over indirect heat, and grill 10 – 15 min. more or until meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the meat registers 130°C to 135° C for medium-rare, turning once.
- Remove from grill, and let stand on a carving board, lightly covered, at least 20 min. Carve into ¼ inch slices, and serve with Mint Gremolata. Garnish if desired.
Recipe Sourced From My recipes
More Lamb legs Recipes Here