This grilled lamb loin chops with fresh herbs, arugula, and mustard meyer lemon vinaigrette combines the classic flavors of the fresh herbs, mustard, the peppery arugula and a touch of Feta cheese for a modern classic lamb dish. It is also a very easy, and elegant way to serve grilled lamb chops.
- 12 – 16 Lamb Loin Chops ¾ or 1 inch thick,
- Well trimmed no more that 1/8 inch fat
- 8 ounces baby Arugula, if the have long stems,
- pick the stems for nice leaves.
- 3 ounce Feta cheese
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh Basil finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence or Thyme if unavailable
- 2 Meyer Lemon juice about 2 tablespoons.
- 1 teaspoon Meyer Lemon Zest finely grated or micro planed
- Kosher salt & Black Pepper to taste
Mustard Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon Zest, yellow part only
- 1 teaspoon course Dijon mustard or Meaux mustard
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper.
- For the Vinaigrette, combine all and whisk well. Taste to adjust balance of acid, if too tart add a little more honey.
- Make the marinade and allow the chops to marinate for up to 4 hours.
- Prepare you grill, one side for medium high direct heat, the other for indirect. While your grill is heating up, make the vinaigrette and prepare the Arugula.
- On the hot side of the grill mark your chops nicely with a criss-cross pattern. Then move them to the indirect heat side, cover. Cook your chops to medium rare or medium, they tend to be dry if well done.
- Remove them from the grill. While the chops are resting, place a bed of arugula on your plates, and then place the chops on top. This will wilt the arugula slightly, which is desired. Dress the chops with the vinaigrette and top with crumbles Feta.