Grilled lamb chops with Pinot Noir & blackberry sauce is a simple and easy grilled lamb chops recipe that has wonderful flavors.
- 2 Lamb Racks, frenched and cut into chops
- 2 tablespoons herb de Provence or fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 750 ml bottle of Pinot Noir
Pinot Noir & Blackberry Sauce
- 1 cup Ketchup preferably Heinz
- 2 tablespoons basalmic vinegar
- ¾ cup Blackberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the wine to a simmer and reduce it until 50% of original volume. Add the preserves and simmer for 10 minutes. Add all the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Cool it down. The sauce hold for a week in the refer.
- Prepare your grilled for medium high direct heat. Grill the chops making nice crossed grill marks. The length of cooking depends on the thickness of the chops, so either use the touch method or the thermometer of 135 for medium rare. Pull off the and allow to set for five to ten minutes to set up.
- Serve with either simple grilled Yukon gold potatoes or a nice mushroom risotto.