This delicious grilled chicken tandoori thighs are an Indian treat for the barbecue that will go down a treat with all the family. A mix of spices gives the dish a spicy sensation.
Prep 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Ready in 8 h 55 minutes
|· 2 (6 ounce) containers plain yogurt
· 2 teaspoons kosher salt
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
· 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
|· 4 teaspoons paprika
· 2 teaspoons ground cumin
· 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· 2 teaspoons ground coriander
· 16 chicken thighs
· olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, salt, pepper, cloves, and ginger. Mix in garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and coriander. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, press air out of bag, and seal. Turn the bag over several times to distribute marinade. Place bag in a bowl, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. With paper towels, wipe off excess marinade. Spray chicken pieces with olive oil spray.
- Place chicken on the grill, and cook about 2 minutes. Turn, and cook 2 minutes more. Then arrange the chicken to receive indirect heat, and cook approximately 35 to 40 minutes, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
Aluminium foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Recipe Sourced From AllRecipes
More Chicken Thigh Recipes Here