Grilled Chicken Tandoori Thighs
This delicious grilled chicken tandoori thighs are an Indian treat for the barbecue that will go down a treat with all the family. A mix of spices gives the dish a spicy sensation.
- 2 6oz containers plain yogurt
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 16 chicken thighs
- olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, salt, pepper, cloves, and ginger. Mix in garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and coriander. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, press air out of bag, and seal. Turn the bag over several times to distribute marinade. Place bag in a bowl, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. With paper towels, wipe off excess marinade. Spray chicken pieces with olive oil spray.
- Place chicken on the grill, and cook about 2 minutes. Turn, and cook 2 minutes more. Then arrange the chicken to receive indirect heat, and cook approximately 35 to 40 minutes, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.