Grilled Pineapple and Chicken Sliders
Grilled pineapple and chicken sliders, or, burgers are a Hawaiian twist to your regular chicken sliders. They’re quick and easy to make and will become an instant family favourite.
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar or other vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (cut in half)
- 6 pineapple rings
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 5 slices red onion
- 6 Hawaiian bread rolls or hot dog buns (split and toasted)
- 6 lettuce leaves ( rinsed and dried)
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lime juice, cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat your BBQ to a medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes each side, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork. Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.
- Spread 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce on the bottom half of a toasted roll; next add a lettuce leaf, a piece of chicken, a pineapple round, and an onion slice. Replace the top and repeat with the remaining rolls.