Grilled chicken pineapple sliders, or, burgers are a Hawaiian twist to your regular chicken sliders. They’re quick and easy to make and will become an instant family favourite.
Prep 1 h
Ready in 1 h 15 minutes
|· 1 lemon, juiced
· 1 lime, juiced
· 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
· salt and black pepper to taste
· 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut in half
|· 6 pineapple rings
· 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
· 5 slices red onion
· 6 Hawaiian bread rolls – split and toasted
· 6 lettuce leaves – rinsed and dried
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lime juice, cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes each side, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork. Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.
- Spread 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce on the bottom half of a toasted roll; next add a lettuce leaf, a piece of chicken, a pineapple round, and an onion slice. Replace the top and repeat with the remaining rolls.
Aluminium foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Recipe Sourced From Allrecipes
More Chicken Breasts Recipes Here