This grilled chicken Marsala is excellent with anything from pasta, to rice, to grilled potatoes. This dish is fast enough for a delicious weeknight meal, but fancy enough for guests.
Prep 20 minutes
Ready in 35 minutes
|· 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
· 1/3 cup/80ml utter
· ¼ cup/60 ml arsala wine
· ¼ cup/60 ml chicken stock (cold)
· 2 4-ounce/120 ml cans mushrooms, drained
· 1 slice prosciutto, diced
· 2 tablespoons/30 ml eavy cream
· 1 ½ teaspoons/7.5 mL salt
· 1 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried oregano
· ½ teaspoon/2.5 mL dried thyme
· ½ teaspoon/2.5 mL dried parsley
· 2 teaspoons/10 ml sallots, minced
· 4 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 teaspoons/10 ml corn starch
· ¼ teaspoon/1.25 ml blackpepper
· 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh parsley minced
· ¼ teaspoon/1.25 mL marjoram
· ¼ teaspoon/1.25 mL garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground black pepper
- Brush chicken breasts with olive oil. Combine rub mixture and apply to chicken breasts. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating make the sauce. In a medium sauce pan melt butter over a low heat. Increase temperature and add prosciutto and sauté for 2 minutes. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until lightly browned. Add Marsala wine, mushrooms and black pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in chicken stock and pour into sauce pan. Stir until well combined. Add parsley and cream and continue simmering until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cover and keep warm.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Once up to temperature and right before placing chicken onto grill, oil the grill grates using tongs, folded paper towels and a good quality high smoke point oil. Make 2-3 passes on the grates.
- Grill chicken breasts for about 6 to 8 minutes per side. After 3 to 4 minutes give each breast a 90 degree turn on the grill to create crisscross marks. When completely cooked, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees in the thickest part of breast, remove chicken from grill and place on a plate. Spoon 1/4 of the warmed marsala.
Recipe Sourced From The SpruceEats
More Chicken Breasts Recipes Here